will continue a series of the conferences on chitin and chitosan started in 1977 in Cambridge, USA. The recent EUCHIS conferences were hosted by Porto, Portugal (2013), Münster, Germany (2015), and Seville, Spain (2017). 14th International Conference of the European Chitin Society (EUCHIS 2020) will be held in Kazan, Russia on September, 6th-10th, 2020. Two satellite events - International Young Researchers Symposium on Marine and Plant Polysaccharides (MPP 2020) and Companies Meeting will be organized in the venue of EUCHIS 2020 to facilitate efficient exchange of knowledge in fundamental and applied science of chitin and chitosan.
English will be the official language of EUCHIS 2020 and satellite events.
- Sources of chitin, preparation/production, and characterization of chitosan
- Chitinolytic and related enzymes (or pseudoenzymes)
- Chitosan derivatization and chitosan-based functional materials (non-biomedical applications)
- Oligosaccharides: preparation, characterization and bioactivities
- Biomedical applications of chitin/chitosan and derivatives
- Agricultural applications
- Biorefinery, green energy, and green catalysis
Contributions in other fields of chitin and chitosan research are also welcomed!
- International Young Researchers Symposium on Marine and Plant Polysaccharides (MPP 2020),
- Grand Hotel Kazan, Kazan, Russia
- Companies Meeting – 6th September, 2020, venue - Grand Hotel Kazan, Kazan, Russia
- General Assembly of the EUCHIS, 9th September, 2020, venue - Grand Hotel Kazan, Kazan, Russia